Dubai building more islands?
Over a span of 30 years, Dubai has rapidly become a global hub for both travel and tourism.
With so much to offer from beaches, desert, shopping, entertainment to eye-watering luxury hotels, it’s no surprise that Dubai attracts a large number of global travelers yearly… Dubai is continuing to grow with a line of developments under way; recently Dubai’s government announced the development of two new islands which will be built on each side of Burj Al Arab.
Wondering how much this will cost?
The project will be an estimated Dhs 6.3 billion.
Who will take on the project?
Image credit: Hotelier Middle East
It will be owned by Dubai Holding and managed by the Jumeirah Group. The project will be called Marsa Al Arab – meaning the marina.
Just how big are these islands?
The two islands will add around 2.2 kilometers of beachfront. One island will consist of a variety of entertainment while the other will host luxury resorts and 100 luxury villas.
Looking for entertainment? Well, these islands have got it all…
- A massive Marine Park showcasing exotic aquatic animals and fish.
- A permanent Cirque du Soleil theater.
- Wild wadi will be upgraded to double the size and shifted towards the beach.
- A pearl museum which will show off some of the world’s rarest pearls from across the world as well as insights into Dubai’s pearl heritage.
- Pedestrian pathways, cycling courses and jogging tracks for outdoor activities.
- A private yacht marina and yacht club equipped with restaurants.
When will these islands be open to the public?
Construction will start by June and the expected date of completion will be by 2020.
Let’s wait and see what else Dubai has in the pipeline for the coming year, in the meantime, check out our property section, or download the dubizzle app, the fastest way to find your next home!