The Do’s and Don’ts of the Video CV
Why is a video CV useful? A video CV is a great way to introduce yourself to recruiters. It will help demonstrate confidence and leave the recruiter with a sense of wanting to know more about you. Introduce yourself, mention what you are good at and what you are looking for or even what your current goals are.
We’re here to help you create the perfect video CV and here is how.
- Make sure the lighting is good so the employer can see you properly.
- Dress neatly and professionally.
- Present yourself.
- Mention what you have been doing for the past few years.
- Mention how you can add value to the organization you are applying for.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Look into the camera when talking.
- No distracting wallpapers or offensive posters behind you.
- Do not be in bed.
- Have a clear background.
- Try not to cough during the video.
Did you know
- You can re-use your CV for multiple applications.
- Video needs to be over 10s or it will be rejected.
- A video can be unto 2min long.
- All videos are moderated to ensure the content in the video is appropriate.
- If you fail. Try and try again! Hit re-record if you’re not happy with the video you just shot.
- Reuse your best video – once you’ve submitted a video and its approved, you can reuse it for multiple applications.
- Get noticed – all applications that are submitted with a video CV goes to the top of the list when a recruiter sees all the candidate application through our dubizzle interface so, take advantage of this. Don’t be pushed to the bottom of the pile!
Looking for a job? Browse our job section and you might find your dream job.